The General Secretary of the Catholic Biblical Federation paid a working visit to Harare (Zimbabwe) 3-10 May 2016.
This visit had two main objectives:
– first meeting of the Management Committee for the LectioYouth.Net Project;
– reactivation of the “Dei Verbum” course in Harare;
The Management Committee the LectioYouth.Net Project comprises Divine Word Missionaries from several African countries and the General Secretary of the CBF:
– Fr. Wojciech Szypuła SVD (SVD AFRAM Biblical Coordinator);
– Fr. Mirosław Wołodko SVD (SVD AFRAM Communication);
– Fr. Maciej Malicki SVD (SVD AFRAM Communication);
– Fr. Krystian Traczyk SVD (Biblical Department Director, Zimbabwe);
– Fr. Jan J. Stefanów SVD (CBF General Secretary).
This Committee held its first meeting during four days in Harare to design, develop and organize the Lectio Divina project on the Internet for young people in Africa under the name of LectioYouth.Net. This project, initially intended for Africa, will later be extended to Asia and the Middle East as well.